Volunteer for Your Community
There are so many ways to expand your experience with the Georgetown County
Chamber of Commerce and volunteering is one of those opportunities!!
Here is a list of the many areas where we are always looking for
VISITOR CENTER (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Situated right in the historic distric of Georgetown, this center serves
over 25,000 visitors to our area annually. It is also the "front office" for
the chamber so we serve many, many locals and members. In this volunteer role
you are the "front line" and a vital lifeline to the many people we reach
whether it's a visitor from Nova Scotia, or one of our local business owners.
EVENT PLANNING AND EVENT DAY (email@example.com)
- Get involved from the inception of a program and work through the planning
phases or lend your assistance the day of an event. We host many events
throughout the year and couldn't do it without the help of our volunteers.
- This includes youth education and adult education. Programs include,
CHOICES which is presented to every 7th grade student in Georgetown County, the
Jr. Apprentice which is a summer camp teach entrepreneur skills and Leadership
Georgetown County Alumni an ongoing effort to keep our LGC graduates connected.
This is a snapshot of programming, but there is much room for growth and your
input and participation are very important to that process.
MEMBERSHIP COUNCIL (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Get directly involved in member to member programs, retention and recruiting
planning and implementation, dues and sponsorship structure, membership growth
strategy. In this group you will be an "ambassador" for your chamber of
commerce while promoting your own business!!
WEBSITE AND MARKETING (email@example.com)
- Meet regularly to audit chamber website and make recommendations for
- Monitor statistical information for website and leads generating marketing.
- Review and make recommendations for marketing opportunities.
PUBLIC POLICY (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your chamber is working 24/7 through it's roll in advocacy. If issues make
your heart beat faster this is the place for you. PP meets on the 3rd Monday of
each month at 3:30 to sort through local, state and federal issues affecting the
business of Georgetown County. This group surveys the membership to establish
priorities for the year, presents those to the board and then follows the issues
throughout the year. In addition they host three events; the annual legislative
breakfast in December, the annual Statehouse Day in February and the Boil and
Stump a bi-annual election rally.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (email@example.com)
- A group of 16 members, nominated by their peers to serve multi-years. The
group meets every other month on the 4th Tuesday at 8:30, the Executive
Committee meets on the months between full board meetings on the same day and
time. In addition, board members are expected to attend events and assist on
strategic planning committees as well as represent the board on other chamber
committees. This is the policy level of your Chamber.
GENERAL OFFICE SUPPORT (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The sky is the limit on this one; filing, data entry, public relations and
communications, mailings, etc.